Here at Carmel Cinema we have been preparing for our reopening quite some time. Some of the changes you will be seeing at the cinema include but are not limited to the following:
1. We are a community theater and we take that responsibility seriously. For the safety and health of our employees, customers, and the community, everyone who enters the building over the age of three will be required to wear a face mask that covers both the mouth and nose unless prohibited by an underlying medical condition. Once customers are safely in their seats they may remove their face mask in order to enjoy that famous Carmel Cinema popcorn.
2. Sneeze guards have been installed at the concession stand. Please stand in front of the screen while ordering.
3. Social distancing markers will be located in the lobby.
4. Staff will have their temperatures taken upon arrival for each shift and will be screened for symptoms associated with COVID-19 per NY State and CDC guidelines.
5. We ask that you refrain from coming to the cinema if you have a fever of 100.4 degrees or more or exhibit any symptoms associated with COVID-19 per CDC guidelines.
6. We will be limiting the number of showtimes to allow extra time for enhanced cleaning of the auditoriums between shows.
7. We will be staggering start and end times to our showings to limit the number of customers in the common areas of the building.
8. Our auditoriums will be maxed out below the required maximum capacity, allowing for even more space for our customers.
9. Assign seating for customers prior to entering the theater to ensure customers follow social distancing requirements.
10. Due to limited capacities, we are encouraging our customers to purchase tickets in advance online to ensure a seat in the theater.
11. We will still be honoring 2020 Bargain Bucket refills, but please hold on to your bucket. We will provide you with a fresh bag of the same size during each visit to limit contact.
12. If at any point you feel uncomfortable please let a member of our staff know and we will work to correct the situation.